Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why go overseas?



Before starting my journey into the abyss that can be residency, I wanted to get the chance to go abroad. I have always enjoyed traveling overseas, learning about the different cultures, and history. In medical school, we learn briefly about medical systems in other countries, and I wanted to get a more practical grasp on health-care delivery outside of the United States. I have the fortunate opportunity to complete both of my goals before graduation, and complete a month-long medical clerkship rotation in Porto, Portugal at Hospital São João I, the largest teaching hospital in Portugal. This blog will give me a chance to tell you about my travels, post some photos, as well give future medical students tip to make their travels easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment